CUSTOMIZE YOUR RIDER EXPRESS ACCOUNT
A handful of Rider Express subscribers recently contacted PRTC wondering why they didn't receive the notice of a 3-hour weather delay that was in effect on Monday, January 28. PRTC did some research and discovered that nearly everyone who didn't receive that Rider Express advisory had not registered to receive messages over the weekends.
At 10:52 p.m. on Sunday, January 27, PRTC sent a Rider Express advising subscribers of a 3-hour delay and that the Snow Emergency Service Plan would be in effect for all bus services on Monday, January 28. When you customized your Rider Express account to select the routes that applied to you and the time of day that you wanted to receive messages, you probably saw no need to receive alerts over the weekends.
If you'd like to review and/or edit your subscription information, simply follow these instructions:
1. Log on to PRTC's website at www.PRTCtransit.org and click the Register RiderExpress button in the column on the right.
2. Click the Account Maintenance tab and enter your subscribed email address or cell phone number, then answer the security question. Please note, if this is the first time you're customizing your account, type "system" as the response to the security question.
3. To specify the routes or service areas that you want to receive notifications about, click "Change other subscription information." You may choose to subscribe to the individual routes listed, or at the bottom of the route listings you may choose to receive notifications by service area (for example, all routes serving the Pentagon or Crystal City.) You can go back and change your selections at any time.
4. After specifying the routes, select the times of day that you want to receive alerts.
5. At the bottom of the page, be sure to subscribe to the OmniNews passenger newsletter. To save money and help the environment, PRTC is printing fewer paper copies of OmniNews for distribution on the bus. By signing up for the e-version of the newsletter, you'll help the environment and get the newsletter delivered right to your inbox.
6. PRTC annually promotes the OmniLink Teen Summer Pass program and other promotions via Rider Express emails. If you want to receive messages about special promotions like these, please opt in at the bottom of the page. Please note that Rider Express messages promoting the start and end of Teen Summer Pass sales will be sent to all subscribers.
If you encounter any problems customizing your account, please email support@PRTCRiderExpress.com
Please remember that any change in operating status is also posted on PRTC's website, recorded on our phones at (703) 730-6664 and sent to the local media for inclusion in their closings / delays listings.