ESP IN EFFECT ON WED., FEB. 20
ALL OmniRide buses are operating on the Emergency Service Plan (ESP) today, Wednesday, February 20. Changing conditions during the day may prompt further changes to OmniRide’s bus services. Please check OmniRide.com before your trip for the most up-to-date information.
Fares are FREE on all OmniRide buses on the first day the ESP is activated due to weather conditions.
EXPRESS BUS SERVICES
When the ESP is in effect, there is no service to or from Washington, D.C., the Pentagon, Crystal City, Rosslyn/Ballston or Mark Center, and no local routing in Tysons Corner.
OmniRide Express buses that travel in the I-95 corridor will transport passengers to and from the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station only.
- In the AM, buses will start service at their regular times, but will drop off passenger only at the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station (before the Greyhound Station). Buses will serve all Prince William area stops (except those listed under Which Stops Will Not Be Served).
- In the PM, service from the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station will begin at 12 noon. Passengers will find OmniRide Express buses to the left of the station exit, past the Greyhound Station.
OmniRide Express buses that travel in the I-66 corridor will transport passengers to and from the Tysons Corner Metrorail Station only.
- In the AM, buses will start service at their regular times, but will drop off passenger only at the Tysons Corner Metro Station. Buses will serve all Prince William area stops (except those listed under Which Stops Will Not Be Served).
- In the PM, service from the Tysons Corner Metro Station will begin at 12 noon. Passengers will find OmniRide Express buses by exiting the Metro station, turning right and going uphill to the OmniRide bus stop sign.
- For PM service departing from the Tysons Corner Metro Station:
- Gainesville passengers should board a Linton Hall Metro Express bus.
- Manassas passengers should board a Manassas Metro Express bus.
- Haymarket passengers should board a Linton Hall Metro Express bus and transfer at the Cushing Road Commuter Lot to a waiting shuttle.
METRO EXPRESS BUS SERVICES
When the ESP is activated for OmniRide Metro Express buses,
- The Prince William Metro Express route will operate according to its published schedule. Road conditions may cause delays.
- The Manassas Metro Express and Linton Hall Metro Express AM routes will operate according to published schedules. In the PM, separate buses will leave the Metro station for Manassas and Linton Hall every 20 minutes. Road conditions may cause delays.
LOCAL EXPRESS BUS SERVICES
When the ESP is activated for OmniRide Local and Cross County Connector services:
- All previously booked OmniRide Local off-route trips are cancelled for that day.
- OmniRide Local on-demand stops are served upon request.
- OmniRide Local buses will stop at all signed bus stops where it is safe to do so except:
- Bus stops with a snowflake sticker ARE NOT SERVED.
- Dale City – No service along Darbydale Avenue or to the stop at Dale Boulevard/Gideon Drive.
- Dumfries – No service along Potomac Center Boulevard, Neabsco Mills Road, Fuller Heights Road or Old Triangle Road.
- Route 1 – No service on River Ridge, Powells Creek (except for the stop at Powells Creek and Woodmark), or to Quantico beyond the front gate.
- If road conditions improve, OmniRide Local buses may resume operating regular service in the afternoon, may return to regular routing, and will consider booking new same-day off-route trips. Road conditions may cause delays.
- The OmniRide Cross County Connector will operate according to published schedules as road conditions allow.
See details about the ESP.
Tagged as: Service Announcements, Emergency Service Plan - ESP, Washington DC Service Area, Northern Virginia Service Area, Local Service Area, Cross County Connector Route, OmniLink Routes, Metro Direct Routes, OmniRide Routes