What is Omni SmartCommute?
Omni SmartCommute is here to help Prince William County employers create and expand commuter benefit programs. These programs are designed to help your employees reduce commute related stress and save money too. For your company, it will help to expand sustainability initiatives and provide you with superior recruitment/retention tools. Omni SmartCommute is a FREE service available to all businesses in Prince William County, Manassas and Manassas Park.
See two examples of Omni SmartCommute success stories!
We are here to assist with:
- Employee Commute Surveys – Omni SmartCommute can provide you with the research that holds key insights into your staff and their commuting behavior. You can use this data to determine employee interest in commuter benefit programs as well as which types of benefits and programs might be most beneficial to your employees and effective for your organization. Surveys can be conducted on paper or online in both English and Spanish.
- Telework Programs – Creating a telework program for your company allows your staff to avoid the hassles of a daily commute. Telework programs are often highly valued by employees and numerous studies have shown that employees that participate in a telework program are more productive. Furthermore, the Telework!VA Program provides up to $35,000 to companies looking to start or expand their telework program in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Emergency Preparedness – A snowstorm or natural disaster doesn’t mean that your business needs to shut down. Be prepared for an emergency, and develop a business continuity plan to keep your business open by helping your employees with their commutes during a crisis. An established Telework Program is a key component to emergency preparedness.
- Transit Subsidies – Employees who take public transportation including VRE, OmniLink, Metrobus or ride in vanpools are eligible to set aside up to $245 of their salary each month for their commuting costs. Employers can also provide up to $245 directly to employees as a tax free benefit. The SmartBenefits program administered by WMATA (DC Metro’s transit agency) helps employers manage their employees’ transit benefits for free!
- Carpool/Vanpool Formation – Let Omni SmartCommute help your staff find colleagues who they can carpool or even start a vanpool with. Omni SmartCommute can also help you and your staff tap into the OmniMatch/Commuter Connections or other ridesharing programs to find other commuters in the area to share rides to work.
- Biking/Walking to Work – Become a bike-friendly workplace by providing your staff with places to lock up their bikes and change for work. Biking is an affordable and a healthy way to get to work. Omni SmartCommute has tips and ideas for how to make your company bike-friendly.
- Alternative Work Schedules – Whether it’s allowing your employees to work more hours over fewer days or letting them choose what time they arrive and depart each day, Alternative Work Schedules are a great way to help your employees with their commutes. Alternative Work Schedules keep your staff off the roads during rush hour and can help them achieve a better work/life balance.
- Parking Management – Overflowing parking lots are easily controlled when your employees start carpooling and working from home. Omni SmartCommute can work with you to develop strategies for maximizing your parking by offering employee incentives to not drive alone.
Contact Us! Does your business want to ensure that it provides its staff with the resources and options to ensure less expensive and more sustainable commutes? Email us at email@example.com or via phone at 202-293-1391 x304.