A medical transportation assistance program sponsored by PRTC through support from community partners including the Potomac Health Foundation, Kaiser Permanente and Prince William County
What is Wheels-to-Wellness?
Wheels-to-Wellness provides travel assistance via a rechargeable payment card that eligible residents in Prince William County, the City of Manassas, and the City of Manassas Park can use to access health services.
Who is Eligible?
To qualify, applicants must be:
- 80 years old or older; OR
- Disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act; AND/OR
- Have income that is no greater than 1.9 times the federal poverty level and NOT BE eligible for Medicaid transportation services
In addition, the applicant must reside in Prince William County, Manassas City, or Manassas Park City, although trips do not have to begin or end in those areas.
How Does It Work?
Those who need transportation to and from health-related services and who qualify for the program may download and complete the application (available in English and Spanish) at the bottom of this page. Application forms are also available at:
- PRTC Transit Center, 14700 Potomac Mills Road, Woodbridge
- Local government service agencies
Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will receive an electronic Wheels-to-Wellness rechargeable payment card that can be used to pay for transportation services for health-related trips. Participants will make their own travel arrangements with specified cab companies and wheelchair-accessible commercial vehicle service providers under contract to PRTC that will accept the card.
During the eligibility certification process, participants will learn the maximum fare per trip covered by their Wheels-to-Wellness payment card and the amount of their monthly transportation benefit.
Participants are responsible for paying a $3 co-pay for each one-way trip, as well as any remaining fare balance after the Wheels-to-Wellness payment.
Where can I go with a Wheels-to-Wellness payment card?
Health related trips include visits to:
- Urgent care facilities
- Doctor’s offices
- Nurse practitioners
- Pharmacies including locations in full service stores
- Dialysis centers
- Medical laboratories
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Medical supply stores and other medical establishments
Who should I contact to arrange a ride?
These transportation service providers are under contract to PRTC and accept the Wheel-to-Wellness payment card.
Yellow Cab Company
NoVA Checker Cab Company
Have questions about Wheels to Wellness?
1. Contact the Program Manager at 703-580-6177 or
2. Contact PRTC’s Customer Service Department
Virginia Relay Center - TDD, call 711